COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA – 6.00pm. 18th October 2018. Offa’s Dyke Centre
You are hereby summoned to attend a Full Council Meeting of Knighton Town Council in the Knighton Room at the Offa’s Dyke Centre, Knighton on Thursday 18th October 2018 at 6:00 pm for transacting the business below. The Declaration of Interest Forms will be available at the start of the meeting.
Mr N. King, Town Clerk.
The first ten minutes will be allowed to receive issues from members of the public; these may be considered at a later meeting.
- Update from Camilla on Community renewables. (10 Minutes)
- Presentation by Restorella on Knighton Bag Scheme (10 Minutes)
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA – 6:30 p.m. 18th October 2018.
1. To receive apologies.
2. To receive declarations of interest.
Members are requested to declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests they may have in matters to be considered at this meeting in accordance with the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct Order) (Wales) Order 2008.
3. To receive and approve the minutes of the following meetings:
Full Council 19th September 2018.
Planning Committee 5th September 2018
4. Matters arising from the minutes:
To receive the Clerk’s oral progress report.
- Outdoor Equipment update. -Final costs and date for installation
- Working groups-Terms and reference
- Town Clock-Update on repair work
- Recycling centre-update on movement of site
- Christmas events update
- Snow Clearance update
- Update on Town Council and Councillors use of Social Media
- Knighton Safe Routes
To receive any other relevant information from members.
5 County Councillors Report
Report from County Councillor Cllr Mrs A Williams.
6. Notice of Motion
- Cllr T Sharp-poor pavement surface and lack of dropped kerbs at Fronhir
- Cllr N Johns-Christmas lunch
- Cllr N Johns-Signage to identify businesses in High Street
- Cllr B Andrews-introduction of Bye Laws and penalties
- Cllr B Hyde-Role of CAB in Knighton
7 Mayor’s communications.
8 To approve the monthly accounts for September
together with projected spend at half year and to receive and approve monthly invoice payments for October 2018.
Application Ref: 18/0700/TRE Grid Ref: E: 328381 N: 272165 Proposal: Application for works to trees within a conservation area Location: Larkey Cottage, 13 The Cwm, Knighton Powys LD7 1HF
Application Reference: 18/0744/FUL Grid Reference: E:329331 N: 272000 Proposal: Erection of an extension to veterinary surgery to provide lambing room Site Address: Border Veterinary Centre, Pontfaen Close, Knighton, Powys LD7 1HP
- Powys Samaritans
- Royal British Legion-Remembrance Parade
- Shopdoc changes
- Llanfair Waterdine W I -managing trees
11 Financial Assistance
- Knighton FC under 8 Football team
- Christmas Craft Sessions for Children at the Library.
- Knighton under 5’S
12 Urgent Items