Minutes of Full Council Meeting of Knighton Town Council on Wednesday 18th July 2018
Held at the Offa’s Dyke Centre on Wednesday 18th July 2018 at 6:30 pm.
No members of the public in attendance.
1 To receive apologies.
- Cllr B Rogers
2 Members Present.
- Cllr B Hyde
- Cllr R Williams
- Cllr N Johns
- Cllr M Harding
- Cllr S Vaughan
- Cllr C Branford
- Cllr T Taylor
- Cllr B Andrews
- Cllr C Bevan
- Cllr T Clough
- Cllr D Williams
3 Declarations of Interest
Members were requested to declare any personal and/or prejudicial interests they may have in matters to be considered at the meeting in accordance with the terms of the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct Order) (Wales) Order 2008 and the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct) (Wales) (Amendment) Order 2016.
4 To receive and approve the minutes of the following meetings:
Full Council Minutes on 20th June 2018
It was proposed by Cllr M Harding and seconded by Cllr N Johns that the minutes were a true and accurate record. All in favour.
5 Matters arising from the minutes:
To reeive the Clerk’s oral progress Report.
A Website Development and progress with new website
Cllr Harding gave an update on the progress of the website which is nearing completion and asked all members to have a go at accessing this website. It was proposed by Cllr Harding and seconded by Cllr N Johns that the sum of £20.00 is payed to Upperbridge to put a redirection notice on the website “Knightontown.net”
B Outdoor Equipment update.
The Clerk confirmed receipt of 3 payments £500.00 from Cllr R Williams, £2,000.00 from Radnor Hills and £400.00 from North Midlands construction. The bid for awards for all grant for £10,500.00 has not yet been determined.
C Barclays Bank plc/Cash machine
Knighton Town Council has written to Barclays bank suggesting a hole in the wall cash machine at the former HSBC bank site. This has been agreed by the owners and the Clerk will update in the future. In addition, the Clerk is awaiting information on having a stand-alone cash point to be placed near the clock tower. Updates to be given at the September meeting.
D Refuse in Church street
After contacting Powys County Council, it has been agreed that the waste is picked up in this area every Monday. It was also agreed that the residents should be written to confirming the Monday pick up for normal waste and Thursday continues for recyclable waste.
E Working groups
- It was proposed by Cllr M Harding and seconded by Cllr N Johns of the following short term working groups are set up.
- Toilets with members C Bevan, Cllr M Harding, Cllr B Andrews, Cllr T Clough, Cllr D Williams and Cllr N Johns
- Use of former tennis Court site With Cllr D Williams, Cllr B Hyde, Cllr C Branford, Cllr N Johns, Cllr S Vaughan and Cllr C Bevan
- Pavilion with Cllr S Vaughan, Cllr D Williams, Cllr B Andrews, Cllr C Branford and Cllr N Johns
- Town plan terms of reference with Cllr D Taylor, Cllr B Andrews, Cllr M Harding, Cllr B Hyde, Cllr S Vaughan and Cllr N Johns
- Signage/Benches with Cllr S Vaughan, Cllr N Johns, Cllr D Williams, Cllr M Harding, Cllr R Williams and Cllr C Branford.
- It was proposed by Cllr T Taylor and seconded by Cllr R Williams to set up the following long term working groups.
- Transport and trains with Cllr R Williams, Cllr C Branford, Cllr S Vaughan, Cllr T Taylor and Cllr B Andrews
- It was proposed by Cllr C Clough and Cllr N Johns to set up the following long term plans working group.
- Business Units with Cllr T Clough, Cllr M Harding, Cllr N Johns, Cllr C Bevan, Cllr C Branford and Cllr C Vaughan.
It was proposed by Cllr B Andrews and seconded by Cllr S Vaughan that the Clerk is in attendance for all these working groups and would also call the meetings. An amendment was that the Clerk did not need to be at the meetings and the minutes would be taken by a member of the said meeting but the Clerk to call the meetings. This amendment was proposed Cllr M Harding and seconded by Cllr T Clough. Voting took place and the amendment was carried by 7 votes to 4.
F Use of Former Tennis Court Site
This to be agreed by the new working group
G Former Library site West Street Knighton
The Clerk to write to Powys County Council to ask if there is an opportunity still for Knighton Town Council to purchase the library site or use the building for the Town Council.
H Deputy Town Clerk
The mayor reported the applications have been received and are currently being looked at. A report will come back to the table in September.
Vandalism continues to be a problem and the bowling green lane toilets have currently been blocked and out of use.
J To receive any other relevant information from the members.
The Clerk reported that the date of the presentation for Knighton in Bloom would be the 5th August at 3pm at the Red Lion (to be confirmed by Cllr N Johns)
5 County Councillors Report
Report from County Councillor Cllr Mrs A Williams.
- No report.
6 Notice of Motion
- Cllr B Rogers-Town Council and Councillors use of Social Media – Deferred to next meeting.
- Cllr C Branford/Cllr B Rogers-Condition of Town Clock. – Clerk to approach Powys County Council and Cadw for funding to improve the town clock.
- Cllr C Branford-State of Pavements in Broad Street and Knighton traffic problems – Clerk to write to County Councillor to see if the work can be done and part of the current upgrade in Broad Street Knighton.
- Cllr T Taylor-Public Footway between Knighton and Knucklas. – It was agreed that the Clerk was to contact D Allday in relation to this matter and the safer routes scheme near the school.
- Cllr B Andrews – Fly Tipping – It was agreed that the Clerk approach Cllr P Davies portfolio member for this area to meet with the town council about our concerns.
- Cllr B Andrews – Christmas Events. – This is to be put on the agenda for the September meeting.
- Cllr S Vaughan-Caine’s yard. – It was agreed that the Clerk contact M Caine to have a meeting next week to discuss this issue.
- Cllr N Johns-School Representative – With the resignation of Cllr C Branford it was proposed that Cllr B Rogers be the school representative. Members in favour.
7 Mayor’s communications.
- Knighton Primary school 5th July
- Rotary Event with Deputy Mayor 10th July
Civic Service-15th July 10:30am
8 To approve the monthly accounts for June 2018 and to receive and approve monthly invoice payments for July 2018.
It was proposed by Cllr S Vaughan and seconded by Cllr R Williams that the account is a true and accurate record. All in favour.
- Application Ref: P/2018/0676
Erection or a building to cover a muck store at Grove Farm, Knighton.
It was proposed by Cllr N Johns and seconded by Cllr M Harding to recommend approval of this application.
- Dyfed Powys Police invitation. – The Clerk read out a letter from Inspector Pittgiving an invitation to Knighton Town Council to visit 101 reception area at Carmarthen. Members did not wish to travel this far for such a meeting.
- Election for South East Ward – The Clerk confirmed that an election would take place on he 2nd August with 4 candidates namely D Alker, Mark Vaughan, Roger Bright and Pam Andrews.
- Vacancy in Central ward – The opportunity for 10 signatories for an election for this ward closes on the 31st July 2018.
- Use of Cenotaph area on show day 25th August 2018 – Members agreed for music to be played on the cenotaph on show day.
11 Urgent Items
Meeting Closed at 9:25pm